Far Infrared therapy (FIR) involves the use of Far Infrared rays to gently heal, soothe, stimulate and detox the physical body, as well as the mind.
Far Infrared Rays are invisible waves of energy that can penetrate all layers of the human physical body, including the inner-most regions of the tissues, muscles and bones.
An ancient technique, Far Infrared Therapy uses these waves, or rays, of energy to slightly elevate the surface temperature of the body. When we slightly induce small temperature increase, we can enhance our body’s functioning on multiple levels. Our hands, bodies and the sun emit FIR energy at all times. In Ancient China, palm healing was used to pass these infrared rays from one person to another.
In modern times, it is commonly referred to as ‘Reiki’. The Yogis of Ancient India also used FIR in palm healing and particularly found it useful in the case of eye dryness or strain by placing their palms on the eyes. Many types of thermal healing have been used in ancient civilizations including Japan, China, India, the Americas, Northern Europe and ancient Rome.
Benefits of Far infra treatment:
- Far Infrared expands capillaries which stimulates increased blood flow, regeneration, circulation and oxygen. It also maintains and promotes healthy lung function.
- Far Infrared promotes rebuilding of injured tissue (tissue regeneration).
- It has Anti-aging effects thereby lessening/softening of wrinkles due to enhanced collagen production.
- Far Infrared relieves nervous tension and relax auto-neuro muscles thereby helping the body make the most of its intended healing abilities.
- FIR reduces soreness on nerve endings and muscle spasms, as muscle fibers are heated. As a result, rapid reduction of swelling, inflammation and associated pain occurs. Relaxation of muscles and relief from muscular aches including the back, shoulder and neck pains.
- Far Infrared strengthens the cardiovascular system by causing heart rate and cardiac output to increase, and diastolic blood pressure to decrease. A research study by NASA in the early 1980's led to the conclusion that far infrared stimulation of cardiovascular function would be the ideal way to maintain cardiovascular conditioning in American astronauts during long space flight.
- Far Infrared soothes tension and stress in both body and mind.