Cool sculpting is an FDA approved, non-invasive, fat-freezing procedure which is used in the treatment of stubborn body fat. This procedure reduces the number of fat cells in the area treated and works great for both men and women.
History of Cool sculpting procedure:
The method was first introduced in the year 2010 to reduce fat in the flanks which is also referred to as love handles or muffin tops (fat above waist line).Later, in the year 2012, Cool sculpting procedure was used to treat abdominal fat. With the advancement of selfie era, cool sculpting procedure is now applied to treat double chin fat.
What does non-invasive procedure mean?
Unlike invasive procedures, the non-invasive procedure does not require the use of a needle or surgical tools for the removal of fat cells.
Cool sculpting uses Cryolipolysis technology to remove the underlying fat cells. Fat cells are much more sensitive to cold temperature than muscles, nerves, and skin. The specific pre-set cold temperature freeze the fat cells and this leads to cell death. These dead fat cells are removed through natural body processes.
Is cool sculpting procedure safe?
Cool sculpting is a safe and reliable procedure for the removal of unwanted fat. More than 6 million trials related to cool sculpting procedures were conducted worldwide, and more than 100 clinical publications describe the use of the FDA approved procedure.
What does it feel like?
Initially, you may experience intense cold as the procedure begins. However, this dissipates soon. During the procedure, the treated area becomes numb, and you may experience pulling as some suction is applied.
The procedure lasts for 35-60 minutes. Thus, the patients are advised to relax, read or watch videos on phone or laptop.
With no downtime required, the patient can return to normal activities immediately after the procedure.
Benefits of Cool sculpting procedure:
- FDA approved procedure for permanent fat reduction
- Non-invasive procedure: No needle, no surgery and no downtime required
- Recommended for the treatment of treat belly, flank, thigh and ‘double chin’ fat
- Results are apparent within 1-2 months of treatment
What are the side effects of Cool sculpting procedure?
You may experience intense cold, pulling or mild pinching, aching and cramping at the site of the treatment. However, they subside during the course of the treatment as the treatment area becomes numb.
Following the procedure, you may experience mild temporary swelling, bruising, redness, tenderness, cramping, itching, aching or skin sensitivity. However, these are temporary and fades away in a couple of days or weeks. It is however advised to visit the doctor if these symptoms worsen.
Here’s what celebrities have their say on Cool Sculpting procedure:
- Lindsay Lohan, an American actress says the cold assisted fat breakdown is a perfect option to get rid of unwanted fat deposits that are not responsive to diet and exercise.
- Mariah Carey has lately revealed that her slimmed-down look is attributed to Cool sculpting procedure.
- Jennifer Aniston tells us that the use of Cool sculpting procedure to target some trouble areas is ideal as zero knives or needles are involved in the procedure.